Philadelphia Lone Star Women is a professional-development soccer club that competes in the Women’s Premier Soccer League (WPSL), the top tier national pro-am women’s soccer league in the United States and Canada, below the National Women’s Soccer League (NWSL). The WPSL is the largest women’s soccer league in the world (in terms of number of clubs).
In September 2018, Philadelphia Lone Star FC announced their intentions to form a women’s team and appointed the First Team goalkeepers coach, Charlie Flowe, as the women’s team first-ever coach.
Later that year, the club applied to and was accepted to compete in the Women’s Premier Soccer League (WPSL) which is the largest amateur women’s soccer league in the world.
The 2019 season was the team’s inaugural WPSL campaign. The team’s season opener was a trip to Ellicott City, Maryland where they lost 1-0 to OPSA Magic on May 31, 2019. History was made the next day, June 1, 2019 when the team won its first-ever match, 3-1 victory at Old Dominion Cessena USA. Former Ghanaian international forward, Florence Dadson, wrote her name in the club’s history book when she scored in the 15th minute before adding the second in the 60th minute and assisting Brianna Banks with the third goal in the 80th minute. The Stars followed that with a hard-fought 1-1 tie in their home opener on June 8, 2019 with captain Natalie Pantalone on target.
During their inaugural season in the WPSL in 2019, the women’s finished second in the WPSL Colonial Division with a 4-2-2 record and qualified for post-season where they finished as Finalists of the WPSL Mid-Atlantic Conference after losing 2-1 at the last-minute to Torch FC in the final. The team’s second season in the WPSL in 2020 was curtailed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Philadelphia Lone Star Women will now return for their second season in the WPSL in 2021 with home games expected to be played at the South Philadelphia Super Site.
If you are interested in being a Star, complete the Interest Form by clicking the link below and a member of the coaching staff will get in touch with you.
2021 Season Info
- Will compete in the Mid-Atlantic Conference
- Will play a 10-game regular season
- Season runs from May 10 – July 10
- Trainings on Tuesdays and Thursdays evenings at Drexel or SuperSite
- Match and Training Kits provided
- All games to be streamed live on our MyCujoo channel
- Fees: Cost-effective
Women’s Premier Soccer League
- Colonial Division Runners-Up (1): 2019
- Mid-Atlantic Conference Play-off Runners-Up (1): 2019
- Highest League Position: 2nd, WPSL Colonial Division. 2019
- League Win: 5-1 v Old Dominion, WPSL. 9 June 2019
- League Defeat: 2-4 @ CAFC Osprey, WPSL. 16 June 2019
- Most Appearances: Natalie Pantalone (9), Gabriella Senni (9), Brianna Banks (9), Alexandra Young (9), Sophie Edelblut (9), Raenah Campbell (9). 2019 – present
- Top Goalscorer: Natalie Pantalone (3), Gabriella Senni (3), Emily McNesby (3). 2019 – present
- Most Goals in a Season: Natalie Pantalone (3), Gabriella Senni (3), Emily McNesby (3). 2019
- Most Hat-tricks:
- Most capped player:
- Most Games Won in a Row (2): June 26-29, 2019
- Most Games Lost in a Row (0):
- Most Games without Defeat (4): June 1-13, 2019
- Most Games without Victory (0):