The Philadelphia Lone Star FC Academy is a low-cost/cost-free program that aims to produce grounded, responsible, confident, respectful, hard-working young players, who are able to reach a balance between academic achievement and attainment, prepared for life’s responsibilities and life in football as a student-athlete or young professional.
Comprised of four teams (Boys U-19, Boys U-17, Boys U-15, and Boys U-13), Academy players will train two to four times a week based on respective age groups and will compete in leagues, cup competitions, and tournaments during the season.
The U-19s will be the most elite academy team as they will compete in the prestigious USL Aacdemy.
- The U-19s will compete in the USL Academy League as well as the EPYSA U-19 State Cup
- The U-17s will compete in the Atlantic Premier League (APL) as well as the EPYSA U-17 State Cup
- The U-15s will compete in the Atlantic Premier League (APL) as well as the EPYSA U-15 State Cup
- The U-13s will compete in the Atlantic Premier League (APL) as well as the EPYSA U-13 State Cup
Philadelphia Lone Star Football Club are constantly looking for talented players to join our Academy. There are no try-outs per se but players are selected to teams based on their hard work and dedication at practices and games.
We add players throughout the year and we currently practice at the McCreesh Playground in southwest Philadelphia and the Penn Wood Middle School in Darby.
If you/your children are interested in playing on any of our Academy teams this 2020/2021 season, kindly send us an email at email@example.com and please include your/your child’s name, date of birth, email address and a brief description of previous soccer experience.
We emphasize attacking soccer with domination in midfield. We focus on forward passing, forward running and forward thinking wherever possible. We try to press the ball as high up the pitch as the game allows and be flexible in our team shapes.
Our players must be comfortable and excellent playing in tight areas and they must understand the team shape while in possession, out of possession and in transition.
We are not rigid tactically. Our soccer philosophy is not restricted to a particular system. Our football philosophy is all about principles of play that remain constant but can be implemented through different formations and systems.
We want players with:
- Individual quality who understands the importance of team play.
- Football intelligence and good spatial awareness.
- The ability to make decisions when under pressure.
- The ability to keep possession under pressure.
- Creativity and confidence.
- The quality and awareness to see and deliver forward passes, even when it’s compact.
- The patience and confidence to be ‘on the ball’.
- An understanding and recognition of managing and controlling the tempo of the game, being able to play with patience and speed.
- The reactions to work effectively in the transitional phases.
We want players who:
- Want to learn.
- Are bright eyed, enthusiastic, and take responsibility for their learning.
- Want to be the best they can be, and who are willing to go the extra mile to achieve it.
- Are tough, determined, strong, and disciplined.
- Are committed, loyal and professional.
As an Academy we strive to create a development program that shares the values and vision of the club by fostering a learning environment based on our core values – Hard work, Honesty, Discipline, Trust and Respect.
We aim to maintain, continually review and improve our practice so that young players are offered the best program possible to allow them to be the best they can be. This philosophy is centered on the creation of an environment where all aspects of the Academy program are challenging and inspirational.
We strive to develop an Academy that not only produces talented young footballers but, in addition, one which develops well-rounded high achieving young people.
Philadelphia Lone Star Football Academy provides high-quality soccer instruction to children in our community in a very safe and fun environment.
We are a charitable organization benefiting minors under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. The Club is dependent upon no/low membership fees, fundraising events, supporter giving, and business sponsorships to fulfill our mission.
Read more about our organization in this May 9, 2017 feature article on U.S. Soccer Federation website. Also, watch the video below.
It’s very easy to donate to Philadelphia Lone Star Football Academy with a tax-deductible gift of any amount.
You can mail a check payable to:
Philadelphia Lone Star Football Club
ATTN: PLS Academy Donation
6333 Kingsessing Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19142
You can also donate securely online through PayPal with credit or debit card below: